GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING – January 14, 2020
Meeting opened at 7:34pm at the Huntingtown Vol. Fire Dept.
Board Members –
Andre Jones, President
Sean Queen, Vice President
Tara Grim, Secretary
Dayna Lusby, Treasurer
Shawn Powell, Lacrosse Commissioner
Natalie Mirtich, Fundraising Coordinator
Voting Members –
Katelynn Hall, Jackie Harris, Justin Wyvill
• Andre reviewed club business from the Annual Meeting.
• Meeting attendance is expected of Board members per club by-laws.
• All executive board positions are up for election (Pres., VP, Secretary & Treasurer)
• New Board Positions: Girls Lacrosse Commissioner, Boy & Girl Assistant Lacrosse Commissioners
• Natalie Mirtich has stepped into the new Fundraising Coordinator.
• Natalie would like to set fundraising goal for 2020. Upcoming expenses were presented to her (to include but not limited to: shed purchase; new shoulder pads, additional cheer mats; additional cheer uniforms and possible new scoreboard at HPP)
• Discussed possible Spring fundraisers (5k and yard sale at Fairgrounds)
• Shawn presented current registration numbers for each age group for both girls and boys lacrosse.
• Discussed club purchasing lacrosse insurance (2021 going forward) to eliminate the extra US Lacrosse membership fee for members.
• Promo lacrosse to provide girls lacrosse uniforms (to match our boys uniform). Board approved uniform mockup.
• Lax Practice field availability TBD (per CCPR).
• Boys Lax Head Coaches as follows: U7 Ryan Frazier; U9 Daniel Williams; U11 Greg Dodson; U11 Sean Harrington; U13 Jim Lusby; U15 Jason Willouby
• Girls Lax Head Coaches: U8 Julie Colaianni; U10 Grace Fadley
• Still need Girls Lax Coaches for U12 & U14
• Teams that do not meet the minimum player requirement by Feb 1st will be not be fielded for 2020. Families will be given full refunds and reimbursed the U.S. Lacrosse membership fee.
• U8 girls lacrosse remove waitlist and move waitlisted girls to roster.
• SMYLA has yet to hold a 2020 meeting.
• Meeting adjourned at 8:25 p.m.