GENERAL BOARD MEETING – November 8, 2022
Meeting opened at 8:00pm through Zoom online-conferencing platform
Board Members –
Sean Queen, President
Tara Grim, Vice President
Angie Stallings, Treasurer
Patrick Parise, Football Commissioner
Shannon Gatens, Cheer Commissioner
Katelyn Hall, Assistant Cheer Commissioner
Dorothy Lanthier, Girls Lacrosse Commissioner
Natalie Mirtich, Fundraising Coordinator
General Members –
· Sean discussed playoff schedule (6 teams in SMYAC playoff - 4 with home field advantage). Home field not available per CCPR/soccer scheduled. Will play home playoff games on HPP Field 11.
· Sean ordered medals for Flag Football.
· Katelynn Hall to order small trophies for Flag Cheer; 1st place trophies for 12U and 2nd place for 10U (placements from previous weekend's Southern Md Cheer and Dance Competition at St. Mary's Ryken).
· Issues with Cheer Competition discussed as well as resolutions to improve experience for our cheerleaders.
· Cheer will need additional mats to accommodate all teams and indoor practice locations next year.
· Cheer requesting new uniforms for 2023 if at all possible.
· Shannon to look into cheer uniform pricing and varying cheer uniforms.
· Angie gave treasurer's report, reporting homecoming fundraiser totals.
· Team fundraisers and guidelines thereto discussed.
· Spring Lacrosse registration to open week of Thanksgiving (Turkey Bird Special). Tara/Liz to set up registration.
· Board agreed for new lacrosse look for 2023. New uniforms for both boys and girls lacrosse, designs TBD.
· Board would like to see lacrosse colors match football uniform colors for unified club look.
· Board agreed to resume Board of Director terms of office to 2 years, rather than 3. After term, director can rerun annually should they choose however position is open to general membership for elections. Will modify by-laws to reflect.
· Board elections for 2023 will take place at the Annual Board meeting in December.
· All positions are up for re-election.
· Liz Starks is stepping down at the end of the year.
· Angie Stallings to step down the end of the year.
· Dorothy Lanthier stepping down at the end of the year.
· Annual Meeting will take place next month in person. Board will vote 2023 directors at that time. The Annual Meeting is closed to the general membership.
· New board members will be announced following the annual meeting.
· Meeting adjourned at 9:30pm